Wang & EF Tan Associates

Consulting & Registered Surveyors



At Wang & EF Tan Associates, we've done our best to create a Web site that anticipates and satisfies our customers' needs. With that goal in mind, we've compiled a list of frequently asked questions. If you do not find an answer to your question here, contact us at (65) 62890400 or

What is SVY 21?

SVY 21 is also known as Survey 21. This is a survey datum established in 2001 as a result of the implementation of a coordinate system for all survey work in Singapore

Do you charge extra if we want to carry out survey work in SVY 21?

Depending on situtation, we usually do not charge extra if the survey is carried out in SVY 21 datum

What is Cassini datum?

This is the survey datum used before the introduction of SVY 21 datum

How long does it take to carry out a cadastral survey?

Depending on the size and number of lots, it usually takes a minimum of 3 months

Do I have to pay any statutory fees for a cadastral survey?

Yes, you have to payment statutory fees. Some of them are : URA fee, Chief Surveyor’s fee, Fee for application of lot number.

What if there is an enchroachment?

Enchroachment issues have to be resolved before any Certified Plan can be approved by the Chief Surveyor. The issue need to be resolved between the 2 neighbours. We as surveyors only report enchroachment and do not resolve them.

Can a non registered surveyor carry out non cadastral survey work?

No. Under the Land Survey’s Act, only Registered Surveyors can carry and survey works in Singapore. This includes all kinds of Survey Work

Can I carry out my own survey work and simply get a Registered Surveyor to endorsed on the plan?

No. It is against the Land Surveyor’s Act for a Registered Surveyor to endorse on a plan not surveyed by him or his company.

Can you carry out survey work outside Singapore?

Yes. we can carry out survey work outside Singapore

How long does it take to carry out a cadastral survey?

Depending on the size and number of lots, it usually takes a minimum of 3 months

How long does it take to carry out a Topographical Survey ?

Depending on the site condition, a 1 hectare area usually takes a minimum of 3 days

What is the cost of carry out a topographical survey for an area of 1 hectare ?

Depending on site condition, the minimum fee is S$1600

Who is a Registered Surveyor?

A Registered Surveyor is a professional person like a Professional Engineer, Chartered Architect, Chartered Accountant, Lawyers, Doctors etc. In order for a person to be a Registered Surveyor, he must first possess a degree in Land Surveying or Geomatics from a university that is recognised by the Singapore Land Surveyors Board. He must have at least two years of experience as a Surveyor after obtaining the degree before taking the Land Surveyors Board exam to qualify as a Registered Surveyor.